Visiting the Library during COVID-19
What are the current Library hours?
The Library is open:
- Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, 1:00 – 5:00 (beginning October 18th)
Does the Library offer curbside services?
Yes. Curbside services are available when the Library is open.
You can reserve books ahead of time online, or call the Library at 617.898.4954 to request books. Once you are notified your books have arrived and are ready for pickup, you can come to the Library to get them. Once you arrive in the parking lot, call the number above and a staff member will bring them out to a shelf located at the Main Entrance.
Can I come inside the Library?
Yes. You can visit the Library during our open hours. In order to provide a safe visit we ask the following:
- You must wear a mask at all times inside the Library
- Visits may last for up to 30 minutes
- No more than 20 visitors are allowed at a time
What services are available inside?
Currently, you have access to the following when you visit:
- Browsing the stacks
- Checking out items
- Wireless access
- Printing (with staff assistance)
- Scanning (with staff assistance)
- Museum Passes (availability differs by location, please check with the museum first)
What services are NOT currently available?
- Public computer use
- Study rooms
- Vending machines
- Meeting Rooms/Spaces