Writer in Residence
Writer in Residence Application Form
Milton Public Library
Herb Voigt Writer-in-Residence
The Milton Public Library Writer-in-Residence is an aspiring or published writer, residing in Milton, MA who furthers the library’s fundamental mission through the creation of an original piece of work and sharing their expertise through developing and offering library programming.
The Milton Writer-in-Residence Selection Committee will select a Milton Public Library Writer-in-Residence for a one-year term.
The Writer-in-Residence will participate in the following activities:
- Endeavor to complete an original piece of work while in residence that will be presented to library patrons
- Provide up to 4-6 public programs for the Milton Public Library (either in person, or remotely)
- Be available to provide guidance to other aspiring writers
- Participate in activities of the Library
- Receive a $6,000 stipend broken into 4 equal payments
- Report to the Milton Library Director
Applicants must submit a current CV/Resume, a writing sample, and a 1 page statement on why they wish to be the Milton Public Library’s Writer in Residence and short summary of how they will use this position to further the mission of the library. The deadline is December 1, 2020.
For more information, please see the application form.
Herb Voigt was a member of the Library Board of Trustees from 2012 until his passing in 2018. Herb was a committed Library supporter, both as a Trustee and a member of the Milton Library Foundation. In addition to Herb’s distinguished scientific and academic career, he was a lover and supporter of the arts. This Writer in Residence program celebrates Herb’s commitment to libraries and to the arts.