The Children’s Room at the Milton Public Library serves kids from birth through age 12, and the adults who love them.
We are thrilled to offer families a large selection of physical materials, online research tools geared just for children, and a wide range of fun programming for all ages – all for free!
Kids are eligible to receive a Milton Public Library card when they reach age five. Come visit the Milton Public Library Children’s Room and discover all of the adventures a library card can unlock for you!
Do you homeschool your children? If so, please check out our libguide: Learning from Home, which contains lots of information that may be helpful to you.
Would you like to learn more about the Milton Public Library before you visit us for the first time?
- Please feel free to read our book, This Is My Library.
- Watch this video to explore the Milton Public Library, and find out how to get your first library card.
- Watch this video to learn about the many things you can do when you visit the Children’s Room.
- Check us out on social media! We can be found on Facebook (mplchildrensroom) and Instagram (miltonpl_ma).
- Or meet our Children’s Room mascot, Buddy! He’s a very busy bear.
Need help finding books for kids?
The Children’s staff is happy to help you find just-right books for children ages 0-11. Here’s how:
- Contact us and ask us to pick out some books for you. The Children’s Room can be reached at 617-898-4957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Try our readers’ advisory service for grades K-6, BookMatch for Kids!
- Looking for instant gratification? Try our Dial-a-Story service, where Milton librarians read stories to you over the phone! Call 617-915-1915 today to try it. Updated monthly.
The Milton Public Library offers lots of fun and free programs for kids ages 0-11!
In addition to our ongoing reading programs, the Children’s Room offers children’s programming almost every single day.
- We’ve always got an activity going on. Check out the Center Table in the Children’s Room for coloring pages, writing prompts, scavenger hunts, and more.
- Try our Sensory Path!
- Check out our calendar to see what kids’ programs are coming up. Note: we offer a mix of virtual and in-person programming, so read our program descriptions carefully!